Press Ctrl + Alt + T . This will open the Terminal. Go To: Means you should access the folder where the extracted file is in, through Terminal.
Other easy method that you can do is :
- In Terminal, type cd and make a space infrot.
- Then Drag and Drop the folder from the file browser to the Terminal.
- Then Press Enter.
How do I get to the download folder in Linux?
as TroN-0074 pointed out about, your Download directory is located in the root of your /home/user/ directory, not in your Desktop path. to look for your Download directory. Then you can use the shortcut information provided above.
How do I get to my Downloads folder?
To access the Downloads folder, launch the default File Manager app and towards the top, you’ll see the “Download history” option. You should now see the file you recently downloaded with a date and time. If you tap on the “More” option at the top right, you can do more with your downloaded files.
How do I find the download folder in Ubuntu?
Your home directory should be at /home/USERNAME/Downloads , where USERNAME is your username. You should be able to navigate there by opening / , then home , then USERNAME and Downloads .
How do I access a file in Terminal?
To open any file from the command line with the default application, just type open followed by the filename/path. Edit: as per Johnny Drama’s comment below, if you want to be able to open files in a certain application, put -a followed by the application’s name in quotes between open and the file.
How do I download files from Ubuntu terminal?
Launch command line application in Ubuntu that is Terminal by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+T key combinations. Then enter the below command to install curl with sudo. When prompted for a password, enter sudo password. Once the installation is complete, enter the below command to download a file.
How do I download a folder using wget?
Download a Single File
Let’s start with something simple. Copy the URL for a file you’d like to download in your browser. Now head back to the Terminal and type wget followed by the pasted URL. The file will download, and you’ll see progress in realtime as it does.
How do I download a folder from a server?
Downloading Folders/Files from a Remote Server
- Expand the Project Directory to see all the folders within it that will also be downloaded.
- Select the folders you want to download from the remote server by selecting the check-box next to the folder name.
- Click on a selected folder to view the included files.
Select SCP and you should be able to log in with the same ssh credentials and on the same port (probably 22) that you use with putty. You cannot use PuTTY to download the files, but you can use PSCP from the PuTTY developers to get the files or dump any directory that you want.
How do I open downloaded files?
Open up the Chrome browser app, which most people use as their default smartphone internet browser. Tap on the menu button to the left of the address bar (the three dots button), and then tap on Downloads. The list will show all of Chrome’s recent downloaded files.
Why my downloaded images are not showing in gallery?
Turn on Show hidden system files.
You may need to open the Samsung folder to find My Files. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings. Tap the switch next to Show hidden system files, and then tap Back to return to the file list. Hidden files will now appear.
How do I download a document?
Download a file
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- Next to the file’s name, tap More. Download.
How do I find a file in Linux terminal?
Linux And Unix Command To View File
- cat command.
- less command.
- more command.
- gnome-open command or xdg-open command (generic version) or kde-open command (kde version) – Linux gnome/kde desktop command to open any file.
- open command – OS X specific command to open any file.
How do you access a folder in command prompt?
Go to the destination folder, such as C:Program FilesTableauTableau Server10.5bin. Click on File – Open command prompt – Open command prompt as administrator. Command prompt opens with the path set to your current folder.
How do I find a file in Linux?
File & Directory Commands
- To navigate into the root directory, use “cd /”
- To navigate to your home directory, use “cd” or “cd ~”
- To navigate up one directory level, use “cd ..”
- To navigate to the previous directory (or back), use “cd -“