- Aptitude-based distributions ( Linux,Ubuntu, Debian, etc): dpkg -l.
- RPM-based distributions (Fedora, RHEL, etc): rpm -qa.
- pkg*-based distributions (OpenBSD, FreeBSD, etc): pkg_info.
- Portage-based distributions (Gentoo, etc): equery list or eix -I.
- pacman-based distributions (Arch Linux, etc): pacman -Q.
How check recently installed packages in Linux?
To list the most recently installed packages, use the following command with the –last option. This is very useful if you recently installed or upgraded a number of packages and something unexpected happens.
How do I find the package name in Linux?
If you want to know the status information of any package then run dpkg command with – -s and package name. The output shows the details status information of the status, such as size, version, priority, status, pre-depends package name, commands list under this package etc.
The softwares are usually installed in bin folders, in /usr/bin, /home/user/bin and many other places, a nice starting point could be the find command to find the executable name, but it’s usually not a single folder. The software could have components and dependencies in lib,bin and other folders.
How do I see all installed apps in Ubuntu?
Open up Ubuntu software center. Go to Installed tab and in the search, simply type * (asterick), the software center will show up all the installed software by category.
How do you list all Yum installed packages?
The procedure is as follows to list installed packages:
- Open the terminal app.
- For remote server log in using the ssh command: ssh [email protected]
- Show information about all installed packages on CentOS, run: sudo yum list installed.
- To count all installed packages run: sudo yum list installed | wc -l.
How do I know what Python packages are installed on Linux?
python : list all packages installed
- Using help function. You can use help function in python to get the list of modules installed. Get into python prompt and type the following command. This will list all the modules installed in the system. …
- using python-pip. sudo apt-get install python-pip. pip freeze. view raw pip_freeze.sh hosted with ❤ by GitHub.
How do I install a package in Linux?
To install a new package, complete the following steps:
- Run the dpkg command to ensure that the package is not already installed on the system: …
- If the package is installed already, ensure it is the version you need. …
- Run apt-get update then install the package and upgrade:
How do I find the Linux version?
Check os version in Linux
- Open the terminal application (bash shell)
- For remote server login using the ssh: ssh [email protected]
- Type any one of the following command to find os name and version in Linux: cat /etc/os-release. lsb_release -a. hostnamectl.
- Type the following command to find Linux kernel version: uname -r.
How do I find my package name?
Method 1 – From the Play Store
- Open play.google.com in your web browser.
- Use the search bar to look for the app for which you need the package name.
- Open the app page and look at the URL. The package name forms the end part of the URL i.e. after the id=?. Copy it and use it as needed.
How do I know my package name?
If you want to see a list of all the apps, including system apps, then run the command adb shell pm list packages -f instead. Each line of the app list that is displayed will end in the app’s package name. For example, package:/data/app/org.
How do I find apt get package name?
2. How Do I Find Out Package Name and Description of Software? To find out the package name and with it description before installing, use the ‘search’ flag. Using “search” with apt-cache will display a list of matched packages with short description.
How do you set a PATH variable in Linux?
To Set PATH on Linux
- Change to your home directory. cd $HOME.
- Open the . bashrc file.
- Add the following line to the file. Replace the JDK directory with the name of your java installation directory. export PATH=/usr/java/<JDK Directory>/bin:$PATH.
- Save the file and exit. Use the source command to force Linux to reload the .
Where is rpm installed on Linux?
To see where the files for a particular rpm were installed, you can run rpm -ql . E.g. Shows the first ten files installed by the bash rpm.